Thursday 28 July 2011

Calling in the Troops



I took a week (almost) off work to make some headway on some of the house projects that had been nipping at my heels. These are the projects that every time I walk by, I can hear a little voice is saying, "paint me", "trim me", "cut me down". Ok, I made up the last one - like any tree/shrub would actually volunteer to be cut down.


Is this the way life will be from now on? Taking 'vacation' to work on the house?  Little voices coming from all nooks and crannies? Oh dear....


My parents came up for a few days to help me get some 'labour intensive' projects done.  The list included:

  • removing the big dead vine/bush in the backyard corner
  • trimming low-hanging/dead tree branches
  • taking out the cherry tree (diseased and unsightly)
  • power-washing the front porch
  • painting as many rooms as possible
It was a productive few days, that's for sure. Instead of describing it via text, I'll use photos to do the talking.


Outside work.....

Cutting down the cherry tree in the front yard. You can tell who the 'site supervisor' is.


Finnegan saying good bye to the Cherry Tree. 




And now for inside the house....

Above and below: Prep and painting the living room.



Getting the bedroom ready.... Good bye beige!



When everything is done, I'll do some before and afters.... after all, that's the most exciting part, and as HGTV has mastered, the only reason people stick around to watch 30 minutes of renovation.

No comments:

Post a Comment